HOW TO MAKE CRISPY ALOO TIKKI WITHOUT BREADCRUMBS.
Aloo Tikki is one of the most popular snacks in India which is spicy as well as crispy. The people who love to eat spicily must not miss this recipe and should try at least once to make it. Its basically boiled potatoes mixed with spices and then fried.
We will not require any added extra masala. This recipe is unique in its own way because there is no use of breadcrumbs and corn starch. It will make the recipe easier and lighter.
Most importantly, the focus is on the taste of aloo. Breadcrumbs and corn starch slightly make changes to the taste. Also, adding garam masala or ginger garlic paste would bring some changes to the taste.
Many people also add rice flakes(Poha) but that would also make the dish heavier. Aloo is quite difficult to digest and so rice flakes would not be recommended as it is also heavy to digest.
- 5-6 potatoes(medium-sized aloo).
- Coriander leaves or Mint leaves (finely chopped).
- 1 tbsp chili flakes.
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped).
- 1 tsp lemon juice or ½ tsp chaat masala.
- Black salt and Salt as needed.
- Rice flour as required.
- Oil for frying as required.
Preparations for Aloo Tikki:
- Boil the potatoes 1-2 hours ago from the time of making the dish so that they would no longer be hot.
- Peel off the potatoes and put them in a large bowl.
How to make the recipe :
- Take Coriander leaves and Mint leaves which are finely chopped (add green chilies if you need extra spicy).
- Add 1 tbsp of chili flakes, black salt, and table salt(normal salt).
- Then add lemon juice to add flavor to the Tikki or you can use chaat masala instead.
- Add rice flour (add 3-4 tbsp first) then start mixing the aloo along with the added ingredients.
- Make a dough out of it and if required add rice flour again.
- Keep the dough to rest for 10-15 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make equal balls(10-15 balls, depending upon the size).
- flatten them and make the aloo Tikki.
- Heat oil in a frying pan for shallow fry. Fry them on a low flame until turns golden or brown, flip the Tikki so that the other side can also get fried.
- Crispy aloo Tikki is ready, remove them on an absorbent paper and serve them with chutney or sauce.
1. if you don’t have chili flakes :
a. you can also use red chili powder
b. you can grind the dry red chili.
2. If you want to make rice flour, take some rice and grind them into a grinder.
3. If you are using absorbent paper so it may soften the Tikki. You can directly serve them on a plate.