When we talk about some sweet, the first thing that comes into the mind is sweet which is easy to prepare. The post is all about a sweet which is made up of milk powder with very fewer ingredients. Milk powder burfi is not only delicious but also the easiest one.
- 2 cup Milk powder (250g)
- ¼ cup Ghee(60ml)
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar
- ½ cup Milk(120ml)
- Almonds (Pistachio if you want to add some)
- Grease the tray on which you are going to set your barfi.
- Make sure you grease the barfi on all sides of tray as the dough may get stick to it.
- Take a pan and add ghee to it.
- Leave the ghee until it gets completely melted.
- Add milk to the ghee and mix them well.
- After 1-2 minutes, gradually add milk powder.
- If you find any lumps while stirring, break them with your spatula.
- After 3-4 minutes, the mixture gets thick and we need to make it thicker because if the milk powder doesn’t get cooked properly so, it may not form barfi.
- Now, add powdered sugar and keep on stirring.
- You will observe that sugar is leaving water into the mixture.
- Cook it further and keep stirring.
- The more you cook, the thicker it gets.
- Stir for 4-5 minutes until it makes a partial soft dough.
- You will get ball-type consistency of the dough.
- Put the dough in a greased tray.
- Give it a good shape by spreading it evenly.
- Add almonds and pistachio and gently press them.
- Let them rest for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Then, cut it in the shape you like, your milk powder burfi is ready, enjoy it!
- Add only boiled milk into ghee.
- You can use any milk accordingly.
- While adding milk powder, make sure you add them in 3-4 sections to avoid lumps.
- Always cook on medium to low flame as the mixture may stick to the pan.
- The mixture will be sticky so keep stirring continuously to make perfect milk powder burfi.