HOW TO MAKE MILK POWDER BURFI
When we talk about some sweet, the first thing that comes into the mind is sweet which is easy to prepare. The post is all about a sweet which is made up of milk powder with very fewer ingredients. Milk powder burfi is not only delicious but also the easiest one.
- 2 cup Milk powder (250g)
- ¼ cup Ghee(60ml)
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar
- ½ cup Milk(120ml)
- Almonds (Pistachio if you want to add some)
- Grease the tray on which you are going to set your barfi.
- Make sure you grease the barfi on all sides of tray as the dough may get stick to it.
- Take a pan and add ghee to it.
- Leave the ghee until it gets completely melted.
- Add milk to the ghee and mix them well.
- After 1-2 minutes, gradually add milk powder.
- If you find any lumps while stirring, break them with your spatula.
- After 3-4 minutes, the mixture gets thick and we need to make it thicker because if the milk powder doesn’t get cooked properly so, it may not form barfi.
- Now, add powdered sugar and keep on stirring.
- You will observe that sugar is leaving water into the mixture.
- Cook it further and keep stirring.
- The more you cook, the thicker it gets.
- Stir for 4-5 minutes until it makes a partial soft dough.
- You will get ball-type consistency of the dough.
- Put the dough in a greased tray.
- Give it a good shape by spreading it evenly.
- Add almonds and pistachio and gently press them.
- Let them rest for 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Then, cut it in the shape you like, your milk powder burfi is ready, enjoy it!
- Add only boiled milk into ghee.
- You can use any milk accordingly.
- While adding milk powder, make sure you add them in 3-4 sections to avoid lumps.
- Always cook on medium to low flame as the mixture may stick to the pan.
- The mixture will be sticky so keep stirring continuously to make perfect milk powder burfi.